7.30.2008

Joke

 
A 60-year old man walks into a jewelry store, with a bombshell in her early 20's by his side.
 
He says to the jeweler, "This is my girlfriend, and I'd like to show her how special she is to me." So the jeweler reaches into a drawyer and pulls out a very nice diamond ring valued at $5,000. The man says, "Well, that's nice, but not near beautiful enough for this gorgeous young woman." The jeweler gets excited, runs back to his office, re-appearing shortly with a gold box. He delicately opens the box to reveal a sparkling, perfectly polished ring with 3 large diamonds encrusted in the finest gold. He says, "This is from my personal collection ... it's valued at well over $100,000.
 
The young girl gasps, cuddles up close to the old man with her body quivering in excitement and delight. The old man says, "That's the one." The jeweler asks, "How would you like to pay for the ring?" "With a check," says the man. "Sir, I cannot release the ring until the check clears your bank," states the jeweler. The old man casually replies, "Perfectly understandable. I'll leave the check here with you. Once it has cleared Monday, I will come pick up the ring."
 
On late Monday, the jeweler calls the old man, disappointed and tells him that the check did not clear. The old man says, "Nope, I knew it wouldn't. But I had one helluva weekend!"

No comments: